Thursday 1 August 2013

How To Stay Motivated At University


Two weeks ago the second semester of university started for me. At the beginning of every semester I find myself extremely motivated, turning up to class on time everyday, preparing beforehand and keeping up to date with all my study. At around week 5 semester I find myself missing class in order to catch up on study and on the rare occasion I did turn up I wouldn't have a clue what the Professor was talking about. 

So far this semester I'm still motivated however I am going to try my very best to maintain my motivation throughout the whole semester in order to achieve the results I want.

In order to maintain motivation and achieve the high results I am aiming for I plan to do the following:

  • Prepare notes and answers to tutorial questions before each class.
  • Leave for home for university ten minutes before class starts.
  • Attend every single lecture and tutorial, even if I'm running ten minutes late.
  • Contact the lecturer if i'm ever struggling with unit content or an assessment.
  • Start an assessment two weeks before the due date.
  • Prepare snacks the night before to ensure I don't waste time in the morning.

Hopefully I stick to each point and remain motivated throughout the rest of the semester. If you're studying at university or are a high school student please feel free to leave me a comment with any tips you have to stay motivated :)


                                      My thought for the day while trying to find motivation to study


2 comments:

  1. Great post idea, I found a similar thing in my first year of university.
    I'm starting my second year in a few weeks and hopefully will be able to stay motivated knowing that this year I've been able to choose the modules that I study :)

    Emily x - prettypleaseprettyplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily

      Thanks for your comment. Good luck with your second year I hope you stay motivated throughout the whole year :)

      Irena
      x

      Delete